For some time now I’ve been trying to narrow down where the EYK studio was on Google Maps. Fan mail is still going to their old location in Bucheon, but if you follow them on Youtube/Twitter you’ll know they relocated to Hongdae late last year.
I came across this one today and had to post it. Parts that continue to make me LOL are bolded.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of biting his adult son to death to get rid of a “snake haunting him”.
TV Asahi reported that Katsumi Nagaya, 53, seriously injured his son, Takuya, 23, on Friday.
He was reported to have head-butted and bitten him after Takuya began writhing around claiming to be a serpent.
The son was declared dead after being taken to hospital.
The suspect reportedly told police he had attacked his son to remove the snake from his mind.
It’s a sad story, but also hilarious given its bizarre nature. The snake is long; seven miles…
The subject of FreeBSD and it’s migration to SVN has come up on the mailing lists repeatedly over the past 6 months. The biggest problem seems to be the lack of communication and transparency of this change, combined with the recent security breach incident being used as a stepping stone to justify the situation (despite that incident having absolutely nothing to do with the transition of CVS->SVN). Peter Wemm has at least shed some light on the need for the migration itself; but it still leaves end users out in the cold (so-to-speak).
The most common question I’ve seen posted by end users is “how do I migrate?” and “is csup/cvsup broken?” The answers which have been provided by both the developer and user community have been abysmal at best, mainly because nobody actually bothers to take the time to explain the complexities and nuances involved in the migration. The official FreeBSD documentation is overwhelming and doesn’t take into account some of these nuances (nor should it, IMO). The migration itself is actually easy, but there are many catches along the way which are certain to bite even the most educated of administrators. I’ll also use this opportunity to explain why use of portsnap should be avoided if at all possible.
Back in September/October I had the “pleasure” of dealing with trying to build TomatoUSB (specifically Toastman’s RT-N releases) on a Linux system I have (thank god for VMware Workstation!). I was given all sorts of reference materials from folks on the linksysinfo.org forum, except I kept running into all sorts of problems. I tried other Linux distributions, other releases of the same distribution, etc. and the failures all seemed to differ.
I figured it would be worthwhile to document exactly how I got the firmware to build and what the necessary steps are as of the date of this blog post.
For the past 4-5 days, users of FreeBSD have been unable to get any updates from servers worldwide. Specifically, this affected the following services:
- csup and cvsup (for src, ports, doc, etc.)
- portsnap (for ports only)
- freebsd-update (for binary updates/security updates, if not using csup/cvsup)
- Native CVS (note: intentionally using cached copy from Google)
- GNATS (official FreeBSD problem reporting/bug tracking system)
All that was being stated publicly by FreeBSD Project members was that there was “an issue”, and then later this turned into “maintenance”:
Some others also began to wonder about how the outage was being handled, since nobody had updated the freebsd.org home page (until the aforementioned), updated the official RSS feed, posted anything on Twitter, or (most important of all) sent anything to the official freebsd-announce mailing list.
At the 4-day mark, I began wondering what kind of “maintenance” was unannounced and not done without some degree of prep-work. And it turns out my system administrator gut feeling was right — today the root cause was actually disclosed:
I’ve had a couple people online ask me what all I’ve done to my Borderlands 2 .ini files to solve some annoyances and framerate-related issues within the game, as well as decrease the amount of pressure on the GPU. I thought I’d take the time to list off all the changes I use for my GTX 560 Ti + Core i7 2600K-based system running on Windows XP SP3, under 1920×1200.